CPEG 2018 Conference
2-3 November 2018,
York University, Toronto, Ontario,
Glendon Hall, Ballroom
A block of rooms has been set aside from Thursday, 1 November to Sunday, 4 November 2018 at The Roehampton Hotel, located at 808 Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 2L2.
The Roehampton is conveniently situated about 3 km from Glendon College, thus making it readily accessible by car/taxi (10 minutes), foot (40 minutes) and public transit (about 30 minutes).
To make a reservation, please call either their toll-free number (1-800-387-8899) or the hotel directly (+1-416-487-5101). Refer to the “Glendon College — Academic Conference 2018” group to obtain the discounted rate of $147.00 per night.
Cancellations may be made without charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival. Please note that this block of rooms will only be available at this discounted rate until 1 October 2018.
For those who may choose not to stay at the Roehampton, another hotel worth considering in the vicinity is the Westin Prince, located at 900 York Mills Road, Toronto, Ontario, M3B 3H2. It is however farther from Glendon (about 6 km), but still readily accessible by car/taxi (15 minutes) and somewhat so by public transit (about 40-45 minutes).
Glendon College is located at 2275 Bayview Ave., Toronto, Ontario, M4N 3M6, and is accessible by multiple modes of transportation.
By local public transit:
- The nearest TTC subway station is Lawrence (Line 1).
- The campus is a 25-minute walk from the station.
- Three bus routes pass by the campus.
- From Lawrence station: both the 124 Sunnybrook (frequent, every 10 minutes or less) and the 162 Lawrence-Donway (infrequent) pass by the campus, whose stop is clearly called out as “306 Lawrence Avenue East — York University — Glendon Campus — Toronto French School”.
- From Davisville (Line 1) or Bayview (Line 4) stations: the 11 Bayview bus also passes by the campus.
- Via Rail and GO trains arrive at Union Station, from which either public transit (see above, about 45 minutes) or taxis (about 25-30 minutes) may be taken up to Glendon.
From Toronto Pearson International Airport:
- Glendon is readily accessible by taxi/limousine service. Expect 30-45 minutes travel time, depending on traffic conditions.
- Public transit from the airport (bus and train) is also available, but takes over 1 hour. (Taking the train from or to the airport may however be more reliable in rush hour conditions.) Either take GO Transit bus Route 34 to Yonge and Sheppard St. (transferring then to local public transit, see above), or take the Union-Pearson (UP) Express train to Union Station (transferring again to local public transit).
- NEW (October 2018): TTC Express Bus Route 952 goes from the Pearson Airport terminals (1 & 3) directly to Lawrence Station, and back.
From Billy Bishop City Toronto Airport (YTZ):
- The free Billy Bishop Airport shuttle takes you to (and from) Union Station every 15 minutes. Travel time is about 15 minutes.
- Please refer to local transit options, above, for travel from Union Station.
- Taxis are also available at Billy Bishop Airport. Travel times and costs are comparable to travel from Union Station (see above).
- Pay parking is available at Glendon College. For more details, please refer to: http://parking.info.yorku.ca/daily-rates/
- Glendon College can easily be accessed from Highway 401 (Bayview exit, southbound). Please refer to a site such as Google Maps for more precise directions.